The Association office is closed from August 24th, 2011 @ 3pm until August 26th @ 8am due to hurricane Irene. Report emergencies to 327 6943.
Month: August 2011
Junk removal service
The Association is pleased to announce the introduction of a junk removal service for the prompt disposal of material that does not fit into a regular garbage container. The service is provided on request and is subject to prepayment of $50 per 1/8 of a truck load (50 cu ft).
To book the service, go to the Move my junk option in the tools menu and complete the form. Normally one business day advance notice is sufficient.
Canal entrance open hours
For enhanced security, the Board has amended the hours that the canal entrance shall be open. Effective immediately, the barrier will be closed between one hour before sundown and 30 minutes after sunrise.
In the event that access is required during these hours, boaters are required to request permission from the Security department at least 12 hours beforehand.
The next Annual General Meeting will take place in January 2012, the date and venue will be confirmed when the notices are despatched later this year.
In the meantime, there are many owners that have not received their share certificate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address if you are not in possession of your certificate.
Our pest control contractor will be fogging the development on August 24, 2011 with a pesticide to reduce the presence of mosquitoes that are contributing to the present dengue fever outbreak. Open water will also be treated with a system to kill larvae. A further treatment will take place in the month of October.
Treatment will take place between the hours of 2:30am and 5:00am, the following guidelines should be observed by all residents:
- No persons and/or animals are to be outside during the fogging procedure treatment time.
- Close windows and doors during the fogging exercise, they should remain closed for 45 minutes after completion.
- Cover swimming pools and decorative water features.
- Place all pet feeding/watering bowls indoors.
- Turn off all fans and/or air conditioners or set them at exhaust.
- Persons and animals can go outside (if necessary) 45 minutes upon completion of the fogging activity. Note this is especially important for children, pregnant women and asthmatics.
- Rinse all household items/toys that were left outside before using them.
- Rinse all fruits and vegetables (that were in the garden/yard) thoroughly before consuming them.
- Note the product scheduled to be used does not have a residual therefore items 3, 4, 7 & 8 noted above are precautionary measures.
*** UPDATE ***
Due to hurricane Irene, as a precaution the fogging has been deferred for one week and will take place on August 31, 2011.
*** UPDATE ***
The fogging was completed as of the morning of Sep 1, 2011.
Change in Board of Directors
At it’s July 2011 meeting, the Board of Directors accepted the resignation of Edward Chemaly and appointed Edward Gardner as his replacement. The Directors would like to thank Mr. Chemaly for his contribution during his tenure and welcome Mr. Gardner.
Board of Directors (in alphabetical order):
- Kenneth Cartwright
- Karen Dagenais (Chair)
- Edward Gardner
- Mark Holcombe (Treasurer)
- Craig Lines (Secretary)
- Jane McLeod
- Tony Miaoulis
Employees of the US Embassy
Residents that are employees of the US Embassy are required to channel any concerns related to property within Sandyport via the General Services Office who should report the same to the Landlord of their property. The Landlord should in turn report any matters that the Association is responsible for via it’s website for processing.
The Association will not accept any reports from US Embassy employees other than by the process described above.